Ft. Tuthill 15m QRP CW transceiver. This is an example of previous work and is not for sale. Contact me if you are interested in a custom build similar to this.
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Ft. Tuthill 15m QRP CW transceiver
- 21-21.078MHz with polyvaricon tuning - two ranges selectable by toggle switch
- 4W RF output with internal battery power (5W on external 12VDC)
- Low current draw, ~85-100mA RX ~800mA TX
- Internal 3 cell, 12v, 2.3Ah rechargeable li-ion battery with charger
- Toggle switch between battery power & recharge enable OR external DC source
- Illuminated LCD battery volt/amp indicator
- Illuminated LCD frequency display
- RIT & XIT
- 200Hz audio filter & amplifier with built-in speaker
- Integrated electronic touch keyer with memories
(just touch the rounded end caps to send)
- Adjustable sending speed 5-50WPM on the fly
- Ports: charger/DC, external key, earphones, BNC antenna
- Clear polycarbonate enclosure with rubber feet
- 7.75"w X 6.5"d X 3.75"h X ~2 lbs
It is somewhat large for a mono-bander, but the clear construction and space inside gives it a unique beauty and is inviting to look at closely and appreciate the circuitry inside. This radio is energy efficient, with a solid 4 watts output throughout most of the battery discharge curve, and will operate with stability down to a low voltage. An integrated, responsive touch keyer makes it a joy to transmit, and is very easy to change keying speeds as needed. I call this rig a 'desktop DXer' as it is more of a showpiece and operates on the 15m band, allowing for distant contacts.